Wednesday, October 5, 2011

IN THE HOOD....THE MOTHER-HOOD

Owen is finally here!  We love this little guy so much :)  But you know you've turned into a "new mom frump-tastic hot mess" when the following sentences slip from your lips...

(after John complemented me on looking nice...ie: I showered and put on mascara)
"Thanks - I actually put on my good gaucho pants this morning"

(to John)
"Grow a pair!" (meaning I wish he could grow a pair of boobs and help feed Owen)

(while crying to John about my lack of sleep and disturbing dreams)
"I dreamt that Brian Williams put his hand on my butt while I was shadowing him on a news story.  Then I chased a crocodile. " (I'm obviously watching too much TV....)

(While changing baby's diaper)
"Uhh...I have pee in my hair"

(Also while changing baby's diaper)
"Owen just farted in my face"

Now, you'd think with how much time I've spent at home in the past 3 weeks that I'd be able to blog NON-STOP.  But motherhood sure keeps a girl busy.  Especially when you have a son that really sucks :)  I've been DYING to blog my labor/delivery story - but I really haven't been able to find the time.  But rest assured (ah, rest...what would that be like?) I WILL blog about the experience as soon as I can!

Miss you my dear readers!!!

6 comments:

  1. I've been checking daily for the birth story, I'm dying to hear all the details. Being a mom is so fun, especially if your baby sucks! It's when they don't suck that it sucks. :) He is the sweetest little baby, oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's darling, Kim! I also want to read the birth story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm eager to hear the birth story too! I love these beautiful pictures of Owen and can't wait to see more! Enjoy every moment because it'll pass quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he is so precious. I, too, am dying to hear all about it! I'm so thrilled for you. I'm glad he's sucking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't let her fool you folks! I spent a week with Kim, my son and precious Owen. Kim is anything but "frump-tastic"! She looks amazing just 3 (almost 4) weeks postpartum! (I definitely saw her in pre-pregnant jeans while I was there.) And, of course, Owen is adorable and has the bluest of blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...