Monday, July 11, 2011

TOILET TALK - FLIPPING MY LID

I'm a married woman. Which means I fully understand that men are different from women. I thought I understood this before marriage, but Married-Kim wholeheartedly laughs at Single-Kim for this imagined attainment of such knowledge. Indeed, until I lived with a boy, I only thought I understood the differences.

Besides anatomy - a few other distinct variances set us apart from our male counterparts. And probably foremost in the minds of many women is the toilet. Yes, I'd venture to say that most toilet seats in America end up in a constant state of flux. Not flush - flux.

Many men might wonder why this would be such a nuisance. Let me explain for all those who don't understand why this practice is taboo in the loo.

Picture it. Middle of the night. You're pregnant wife rolls over on her side and hoists (yes, hoists) herself to a sitting position. Indeed, she has gotten up to pee yet again. And so she shuffles to the bathroom and begins to lower herself onto your throne. What should be a simple situation suddenly turns cold. Bare butt - freezing toilet rim - almost falling in the water. Must stand up quickly (without peeing mind you) to place the seat down and then sit down once again. Fully startled, and heart racing - she's awake. Awake and Annoyed. (good thing you're asleep)

"DARN YOU STANDING PEE-ers!" she thinks to herself before getting back in bed.

Now, in defense of Mr. Sigety - this occasion has actually not happened for MONTHS at our home. Which reminds me that I have not praised John for lowering the seat to its rightful position. And thus, I shall now do so publicly.

JOHN - THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THE TOILET SEAT DOWN!!!

Best husband E-V-E-R.

You're gonna get some tonight. What? Did I type that?

But with how spoiled I am at home - I should have known the royal treatment wouldn't carry over into the workplace. You see, I'm the front receptionist for my office, and do my share of scanning, copying and the like. I'm also in charge of keeping the supply room neat and tidy. But what if I told you I also have super mind powers. Yes, I can tell who has used the copier just by looking at the copy machine.

Guaranteed this MAN also leaves the toilet seat up at home. No doubt!

Yes, men and women are different...but thank goodness for a husband who loves his pregnant wife (who gets up 3+ times a night to pee) for leaving the toilet seat down.

It's the little things, you know?

Disclaimer: the above picture was taken from google as I did not have my camera with me to catch the culprit red handed. I'll try to take my own soon and post. But in the mean time...I think I've made my point. lol

5 comments:

  1. I don't leave the toilet seat up. But I also don't understand how people can sit down on a toilet seat without looking where they're sitting first - even if you're in your own home. Have you seen the state people sometimes leave toilet seats in? :P As for at home, I find that women often leave the lid up, and I prefer the lid closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam makes a very good point...why don't women look where they are sitting? I mean, when I go into the bathroom to pee, I always make sure to look at the toilet seat and raise it to an upright position so that I don't yellowize the toilet seat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam: Even the lid closed - look at you setting the bar high! I should close the lid more often...looks much nicer. haha

    And John: Why don't I look at the seat? Cause I trust your aiming abilities dear :) And why do YOU look at the seat? Cause you actually face the seat - whereas I face AWAY from the seat. And in the middle of the night - I like to make as little effort as needed. lol Oh yes, and thank you for not yellowize-ing the seat. Let's teach this little tidbit to Scooter when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My blog is being lame - that anonymous comment is from yours truly :) ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can certainly relate to the heart-stopping, stomach-plunging feeling of your cheeks mistakenly grazing the toilet water in the middle of the night. It's like when you go to sit in a chair and realize too late that it's 6 inches further than you thought.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...