Wednesday, June 29, 2011

TUESDAYS WITH KIMMIE


(no I haven't dyed my hair brown again - just thought it appropriate to showcase the stink-age of Tuesday)

Maybe its the fact that Tuesday seems so far from the weekend. Or maybe its that Tuesday is the S-L-O-W-E-S-T day at work for me. Or maybe there's just something in the air on Tuesday. Or maybe some voo doo magician has a Kim doll that she pokes strategically on Tuesdays just to mess with my head.

Whatever it is - Tuesday is the worst day of the week for me, and I can't seem to figure out why.

Without fail, for the past three or four weeks, I wake up with my cranky pants on EVERY TUESDAY. And these days with my growing baby (and buttox) those cranky pants are getting a little (fine...a lot) tight. And what's worse than wearing cranky pants? Wearing cranky pants a couple sizes too small. You feel me?

I know that when life gives me lemons I should make lemonade. But sometimes its all I can do not to chuck the lemons accross the room for the heck of it, let alone turn the sour into sweet. And people say its silly to cry over spilled milk? Psh! I cry over much less these days - milk might be a full blown melt down. Especially because its over $5 a gallon here in good ol' New Orleans. That's like pouring liquid gold down the drain! But enough beverage allusions - Tuesdays leave me thirsting for happiness and emotionally drained. Let's just say I get a case of the Terrible Tuesdays.

What's that you say? I'm being uber-hypocritical?

(Wow! Its a good thing its Wednesday, cause had you said that yesterday you'd need to turn and run away right now...lol)

True, most usually here on Present Bliss I advocate looking at life more optimistically, simply, and happily. But everyone knows that one's own medicine is the hardest to swallow. Which reminds me - I'm pretty sure Mary Poppins was full of crap. A spoonful of sugar only makes my cranky pants even tighter and in no way helps the medicine go down. Isn't that just supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

So - no profound conclusions today, and no insightful morsels...just an ironic observation. Tuesdays and me don't get along. I'll let you know how next Tuesday goes. But for now, I'm pretty sure I've emerged from yesterday's slump and made it to hump day unscathed :) Here's hoping it was just something with the Tuesdays in June...welcome to Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I don't like Tuesdays much either. I have 2 piano students and a voice student that day. It usually interrupts naptime. Not that I don't love teaching music, because I do, but it's just a bit stressful. And besides, it's much too far from Fridayeee, Fridayeee (which I LOVE).

    Down with Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...