Friday, October 1, 2010

FAITH


I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And as the name implies – I am a Christian. I say this to clarify, because many people I talk to think that Mormons aren’t Christians. But as taught in LDS church buildings around the world, the first principle and ordinance of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is “Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.” So while there may be many differences amidst the vast array of Christian religions out there – this commonality is what can bring us together. We believe in Jesus Christ.

This knowledge provides me with more peace and happiness in life than any other truth I possess. All that I am and all that I strive to be hinges on the power, the love, and the example of Jesus Christ. And so I share with you today, the message that makes all the difference in the world to me. I know that my Redeemer lives.

I know that my Redeemer lives;
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, He lives, who once was dead;
He lives, my ever living Head.

He lives to bless me with His love,
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed,
He lives to help in time of need.

He lives triumphant from the grave,
He lives eternally to save,
He lives all glorious in the sky,
He lives exalted there on high.

He lives to grant me rich supply,
He lives to guide me with His eye,
He lives to comfort me when faint,
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.

He lives to silence all my fears,
He lives to wipe away my tears
He lives to calm my troubled heart,
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives, my kind, wise, heavenly Friend,
He lives and loves me to the end;
He lives, and while He lives, I’ll sing;
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.

He lives and grants me daily breath;
He lives, and I shall conquer death:
He lives my mansion to prepare;
He lives to bring me safely there.

He lives, all glory to His Name!
He lives, my Jesus, still the same.
Oh, the sweet joy this sentence gives,
I know that my Redeemer lives!

Please remember that (as with all my posts) I do not set out for this to be an imposition of my beliefs onto yours. I merely wish to express and share a few words in the hope of bettering your life for the few minutes that you spend here at Present Bliss. And since this testimony is what all other areas of my life are contingent upon – I can’t help but share with you this beloved certainty in my life. I want it to be known, that above all else, I have a testimony of Jesus Christ that has come from 23 years of actively striving to learn of Him. I’d encourage all those of you who have a belief in Jesus Christ, to turn that into an active faith that leads you to further solidify your relationship with Him. I know that all areas of your life will be strengthened as you come closer to Christ. How do I know it? Because I’ve experienced it.

Phillipians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me”

To know more about what we Christians of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints believe, check out www.mormon.org or send me a message anytime at kimsigety@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU! Peace be still and know that I am GOD! Thanks KIM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...