Friday, May 20, 2011

SLIP UP


Last night I found myself in the embrace of an old lover. Neutrogena. Don't judge me. I was super tired and didn't have more than 20 seconds of patience left for the ol' bedtime routine. And you can call me pessimistic, but my daily hour glass was WAY more than half empty. The sand was slipping fast into the hands of the sandman.

So I did it, I relapsed back into the arms of Neutrogena. It was like I just couldn't cut ties with an old boyfriend. The familiar smell, the feel of the lather on my face, the quick removal of make-up, and that perfectly clean feeling...temptations that my 10 o'clock self simply couldn't muster the energy to resist.

Sounds a bit like I gave my old facewash a late-night bootie call. Or would this be more appropriately named a face call? Either way, it was just like any bad relationship relapse...quick, slightly satisfying...but ultimately regretable.

Right after washing I got that old familiar clean feeling. But than came the similarly familiar dry and tight feeling. So I smoothed on some thick moisturizer to bring my face back to balance. At this point I don't remember much other than possibly setting my alarm and saying amen to what I'm sure was a wonderful nighttime prayer by John. Sorry honey.

Two days into my experiment I slipped up. And I can't say that the results have been all bad. Granted, it was only last night that the relapse occured, but this morning I didn't find any greasy puddles (eww!) or dry flakes (annoying) or zits (bleh) beyond the usual. In fact, my face almost seems a little clearer or smoother or something. So confusing...

It looks like I'll need to start my oil cleansing experiment over again in order to get a true feel for whether or not this method is a winner. One week. I need to give it at least one week before I give in to another steamy late night face-call. You can do it Kim, be strong!

So the results so far of my oil cleansing experience are as follows...

Pros: Never that dry feeling after washing, softness & no need for additional moisturizers.
Cons: Takes longer than other face wash routines & you don't get quite the "fully clean" feeling you do from soaps.

I'm still not sure if I like the appearance of my skin better with the new method or not. I'll have to give it this full week or so trial and then I'll report back.

Now it only seems right for me end on a peronal note...

I'll always treasure our time together Neutrogena. I just hope that in time you can understand that I have to leave you in order to find myself. Its not you...its me. You've given me some of the best washes of my life. You're a great soap with a really sweet spirit and I'm sure you'll find someone else to spend your nights with.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this follow-up. I've been wondering how the oil experiment went! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...